This foundation aims to support work which is untried and tests new approaches, but has clear objectives. The Rayne Foundation favours work that could change the way issues are tackled in our society. It favours work that could have lessons for others beyond the funded organisation.
They will consider applications in the fields of:
- Health and wellbeing,
- Education in its widest sense, and
- Those that cover social issues.
Their focus is to connect communities, building bridges between marginalised groups and mainstream society. Their aim to enable individuals to reach their full potential.
Within these broad criteria, they have a number of areas of special interest:
- Young people’s improved mental health
- Arts as a tool to achieve social change
- Improved quality of life for carers and for older people