In view of the current very public concerns over migration, BDCVS will this month be looking at the issue of migration in more detail.
To support a better understanding of the issues that affect local residents and communities, we will be holding the following.
- A meeting on Windrush, for those residents directly affected and support workers who may come across individuals affected (free and open to all)
- Introductory session into the basics of migration (free for voluntary, community and faith groups, a small charge for the public sector). See our Events section for details.
- A special training session for those who work with families with No recourse to Public Funds by Project 17 (free for voluntary, community and faith groups, a small charge for the public sector)
- A special information and advice session by Wilson Solicitors LLP for those residents directly affected by Brexit and the issue of settled status (free and open to all)
- A roundtable discussion on the cultural implications of migration in Barking & Dagenham (free and open to all)
Further dates to be confirmed.
BDCVS receives no public funding for any of it's work related to migration. All the above are led either by volunteers or privately funded through individual donations.
For further information email BDCVS trustees.