Before you decide to set up a new organisation make sure you do your research. There are a number of key questions to consider:
- Have you identified a clear need?
- Do you have a clear purpose and vision for what your organisation will do?
- Is another organisation already working in that area?
- Could you volunteer or apply to work at an organisation already doing the work?
- Could you partner with an organisation already doing the work and/or become a project of an already established organisation?
- Do you want to be paid?
- Have you identified people who can be trustees?
- Do you have family members who will want to be involved?