A well-governed organisation will find it easier to comply with the law and meet its aims effectively. Using the Code will help you to develop good governance, whether you are starting from scratch or reviewing what you already have in place.
The Code’s principles and good practice tips are aimed to help board members of voluntary and community organisations:
- Recognise and meet legal requirements
- Know how well the organisation is meeting its aims
- Make good, timely decisions
- Explain where, why and how money has been spent
- Provide strong leadership
- Treat people fairly and equally